Ontario Women's Centre (Aurora, ON)
Posted On: Tue, 04 Apr. 2023
Pay Rate: As Agreed
Hours: Full Time
Reporting To: Chief Program Officer
Note: This is a full-time position directly reporting to the Chief Program Officer; pay rate as agreed, based on experience, expertise, and applicable education.
The primary responsibility of the Centre Director is to achieve the mission of Teen Challenge by overseeing the quality and integrity of the Program. Responsibilities include leading and supporting the Program department team that is focused on maintaining a Christ-centred Program where students can heal and develop mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The Centre Director will promote advocacy for the students in their care, to further their treatment and recovery goals. The Centre Director will also integrate Program objectives with the Development team to aid in facilitating and ensuring that Development objectives are met, carrying out specific Development activities and participating in annual events. Other duties will include meeting Occupancy and Retention targets, and ensure compliance with Program Standards.
WHO WE ARE
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. operates 12-month in-residence alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation programs, for adults 18+ years, with centres located in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We offer help and hope to those struggling with alcoholism and/or addiction to other drugs through a proven faith-based program. Those struggling with addiction, their family and friends, begin their restoration at Teen Challenge.
- Implement the Teen Challenge’s treatment and discipleship program, through compliance with Program Standards, implementation of Program components, and all other Teen Challenge Programs, Policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Employment, Fire Safety, and all applicable government legislation and regulations.
- Manage the staffing complement, hiring and onboarding of employees, and all day-to-day activities, including conflict resolution and performance reviews, through the assistance of the Human Resources department.
- Oversee the completion of all prescribed training and other prescribed professional improvements or progressive discipline measures for all Program Staff.
- Oversee all Program Staff daily activities, including all work schedules, communications, meetings, special events, and program-related objectives.
- Update job knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks/mentorship; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by meeting with external stakeholders as required
- Promote the highest degree of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity, in safe-keeping the company’s best interests.
- Oversee the process of admission, program administration and discharge of students in accordance with all Teen Challenge’s Program Standards and procedures.
- Reinforce Teen Challenge’s Christ-centred culture and spiritual awareness at all times, in adherence with Teen Challenge’s Lifestyle and Morality standards.
- Review financial statements, fund-raising and activity reports, and other performance data, with a view to achieving the expectations of excellent financial stewardship, cost control, budgetary oversight and goals, productivity and program improvement.
- Promote the highest degree of confidentiality, in keeping with all expectations in regards to Teen Challenge’s Confidentiality Policies.
- Oversee all facilities objectives, preventative maintenance, building safety and care, property management, residencies, codes and bylaws, including the vehicle fleet and insurance needs assigned to the Centre.
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to ensure targets and objectives are met
- Lead Outreaches and liaison between local churches and key contacts, as necessary
- Assist with the facilitation and delivery of Development initiatives and events
We Are Christian We believe that God is the catalyst for change for people with life-controlling drug and alcohol problems.
We Are Committed To Those Who Are Addicted We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training are required to prepare the individual for successful re-entry into society.
We Value People Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, churches, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honour
We Are Stewards We are committed to managing wisely all resources entrusted to us recognizing that we are ultimately accountable to God.
For Qualifications and a detailed Job Description of this position, please Click Here
Back to Previous Page